There is an art and science to understanding your ideal client’s story and a grace to sharing your own.
This art and science of storytelling allows healing practitioners of all kinds to reach and attract exactly the right people without icky, impersonal mainstream marketing.
And thank heavens for that.
Like many people who work from the heart, I love my work and want to support and nourish more people, but find the concept of “marketing” artificial and uncomfortable. Add in the sales tricks and sales funnels and not-quite-honest tactics, and you get something that can run completely counter to the way people like you and I want to be in the world.
The good news?
More and more, people are using their gifts of discernment to choose on behalf of their values and what ‘feels’ right. They’re making the decision to work with a business or a practitioner not because they’re the “best,” or the sparkliest, loudest, or cheapest. Instead, they choose based on whether you genuinely see them, get them, and care what happens to them.
And that’s where story comes in…
The purpose of this online series…
…is to show you how adopting a story mentality—listening, gathering, and sharing— can help attract exactly the people you most want to help, without the ick factor.
In it, you’ll learn:
- How NOT to reach out to new potential clients, honoring the fact they don’t need yet another ad, yet another sales pitch
- How to step into the world of “your people,” the ones you most want to build a relationship with, and learn your role in transforming their current story into a story where they feel stronger, healthier, and happier
- The ten story tools that are the easiest to begin with, and see examples of effective, honest business storytelling at work
- Where in your own marketing, website and social media you can start sharing your own story elements
- A list of ways to approach potential new clients that feel (to you both!) more like friendship than marketing
- How to develop a regular content-sharing ritual that shows the world what matters to you, explains how your work, er, “works,” and invites people to discover your world
The landscape of the course:
Week 1: An on-demand video introduction to using storytelling to promote our work, with tools, strategies, and live examples. You’ll receive the companion Storytelling for the Healing Practitioner workbook
Week 2: In this work week, you will explore the companion workbook full of prompts and exercises to begin articulating your stories. You can email your questions to me privately during this week and I’ll be happy to help!
Week 3: A live workshop and Q&A session that discusses:
- Your ideal client’s stories: Knowing and appreciating what they want to change, be, do, or have
- The story of you: Your work, why you chose it, and ways to show how it can help and heal
- Free range stories: The stories we’d love others to be telling the world about their experiences with us, and how to cultivate those
- Your questions – as many as we can