Creating a content calendar: The joys of knowing when, why, and what to post on your blog and social media
Think of what you share on your blog/social media as a long-running conversation with the people who matter the most to you. It’s a back-and-forth that’s enriching for both of you, as you learn, teach, grow, and celebrate this journey we’re all on together.
Having a content calendar—a guide to the different days, places, and topics you want to share—can give shape and structure to this conversation so you’re never at a loss for something to post, and always know where you can/should be sharing it. It can lower your stress levels, keep you on target, and give a cohesive flow to the things you share with your clients and readers.
In this one-on-one coaching hour,
- Get clear on the places online where regularly publishing fresh content makes the most sense
- Learn about some new places you may not have thought of
- Shape a list of topic clusters that are of the greatest interest to the people you’re most trying to establish a relationship with
- Ponder a strategy for how much, and how often, to “sell” with your content, and the best ways to do it
- Adopt a spreadsheet that will help you to build your own living, evolving content calendar
For you to keep:
- The video or recording of our session together, so you can refer back to it anytime
- Downloadable content calendar template (your choice of Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets)
- Access to my regular clients-only Office Hours online (Zoom) chats to ask questions and get answers
If you don’t have your own blog yet, or if yours is dusty and cobwebby, you might want to consider the coaching hour “Starting a New Blog or Resuscitating an Existing One,” so we can first create a space together where it’s easy to create and share.