Well, here we are in the digital age.
A zillion megabytes of wonderful knowledge at our fingertips day and night, even when standing in line at the grocery store. Twenty-five years ago, if we’d known we’d some day have so much useful information so readily available, we would’ve been overjoyed, right?
We couldn’t have foreseen the crush of 1000 emails in our inbox, folders full of hundreds of documents and images, push notifications igniting our mobile phones every day, and the constant pressure to simply keep up with what’s possible and what’s out there to help us.
And we couldn’t have guessed that the stress, distraction, and disorganization could actually be KEEPING us from being more successful with our work and our businesses.
But what if we could keep the best of the digital age, and immunize ourselves against the worst of it?
We can. And I’ll show you a completely new way to take back your time that’s easy-to-learn, intuitive, and—like all my workshops—fun. In this series of six easily-digestible sessions, we’ll learn:
- Learn how all that digital disorganization and noise is harming your energy, efficiency, and profitability every day
- How to use your goals for the year to set up a filing/organization system that gives you energy & momentum (rather than the mess that’s currently stealing it from you)
- Quick wins: Bite-sized actions to take today to reduce your clutter-caused stress almost immediately
MAKING EMAIL YOUR SUPERPOWER, NOT YOUR NEMESIS
- Step by step guidance for mortals to get unburied, get organized, and get intentional with the messy gift of email communication
- Get back the use of all those brain cells by setting up systems, automations, and an organization system that will carry you forward
- Nifty tools and tricks that let you turn email into something that helps keep your work and business on track
A COOL DRINK FROM THE INTERNET INFORMATION FIREHOSE
- An overview of managing the overwhelming fountain of knowledge, wisdom, and advice that is the Web
- Quickly and critically assessing what you find out there to be sure you need it
- Systems for gathering, organizing, and filing the heaps of useful-to-us information
CAPTURING YOUR FREE-RANGE INSPIRATIONS
- How to be ready for great ideas whenever/wherever they show up…and learn where they show up for you
- Handy tools, sneaky tips, and easy-to-set-up systems to capture those brilliant inspirations
- What to do then: Start something and plant a seed with them, reminders to remember them, sharing them, and the island of misfit ideas
FILES, FILES, AND MORE FILES
- Keeping track of the what, the where, and (most importantly) the why of all those documents and images you keep
- Approaching them from three directions: Findability, searchability, and aliasing
- When to let go, mostly let go, or pretend you’ve let go of old stuff
YOUR BIG BAG OF TRICKS
- Wise habits for moving forward so you’re not re-buried in three days
- Taking back your brain
- Using the “cloud” wisely and well
- Building a ‘calendar with benefits’ …and more